03-24-2015 05:04 AM
47 12
tools
    Isn't everything directly from Amazon eligible?

I thought only items from 3rd-party sellers weren't eligible. I don't trust 3rd-party sellers anyway and only buy directly from Amazon.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Foroplex
    I think that everything directly from Amazon is prime-eligible. But there is a lot of stuff on Amazon that is sold through 3rd parties and they often offer the best prices. I'm with Duvi, I've paid a little more several times just to get the free shipping.
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    04-16-2013 06:05 PM
    Originally Posted by lak611
    Isn't everything directly from Amazon eligible?

I thought only items from 3rd-party sellers weren't eligible. I don't trust 3rd-party sellers anyway and only buy directly from Amazon.
    I think that everything directly from Amazon is prime-eligible. But there is a lot of stuff on Amazon that is sold through 3rd parties and they often offer the best prices. I'm with Duvi, I've paid a little more several times just to get the free shipping.
    I just don't trust the 3rd-party sellers, since that's too much like eBay. I mainly order electronics and computer stuff, so I am leery of fakes and junk.

--Laura Knotek
    04-16-2013 07:41 PM
    I love Prime and would recommend it to anyone who does a decent amount of online shopping. That said, I work for Amazon so take it with a grain of salt! What stinks is that it isn't an employee benefit to get it for free!
    WPCentral Ambassador
    05-03-2013 12:53 AM
    Folks,

Any Amazon Prime fans in the house? 80 bucks a year and you get free 2 day shipping on all your Amazon purchases, plus access to many free movies and TV episodes via Prime Instant Videos. Also if you own a Kindle tablet or ereader you get to borrow books from the kindle lending library. I think it's a great deal. I got it when I had the original Kindle Fire, but have kept it now as it recently renewed. The Kindle is long gone, but this thing has long since paid for itself with the free shipping, plus I watch the movies and TV episodes often on my Roku and my tablets (Playbook and Nexus 7)

So what do you all think?
    It's alright. I've seen a lot more addon items and that reduces my interest in the program.
    I'd prefer if I could just do a Prime Shipping Only plan, although now that I'm in Wa and paying sales tax my Amazon purchases will probably decrease.
    05-23-2013 02:36 PM
    I love Prime. I've also gotten my parents hooked on it via their Kindle Fire. It does suck that not everything is Prime eligible, and that you still have to purchase some content to stream instantly, but sometime the price is worth it. The Office just finished the season (and series) a couple weeks ago and I was already able to purchace it to stream online. HOWEVER, it's *very* choppy for some reason. It stops to buffer every few minutes. I don't have this problem with Netflix.
    06-04-2013 02:35 PM
    I've had Prime for a few years and I absolutely love it!! I figured since I order from Amazon so much to begin with, it pays for itself.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Android Central Ambassador
    06-12-2013 03:28 PM
    I'm a big fan of Amazon Prime. I actually share with someone else (they invited me to be part of it with them) and I pay them a certain amount per year to use it.

I do most of my shopping on Amazon, so prime has come in handy big time.

My most recent purchase was an OEM USB cable/wall charger for my Z10....6.38 it cost me with free shipping.

Amazing deal!
    06-19-2013 03:44 PM
    love, I mean LOVE Amazon Prime. I am extremely impatient and being able to get free 2 day shipping or cheap next day shipping is a must for me to order onlne.
    06-21-2013 12:04 PM
    I'm a big fan of Amazon Prime. I actually share with someone else (they invited me to be part of it with them) and I pay them a certain amount per year to use it.

I do most of my shopping on Amazon, so prime has come in handy big time.

My most recent purchase was an OEM USB cable/wall charger for my Z10....6.38 it cost me with free shipping.

Amazing deal!
    love, I mean LOVE Amazon Prime. I am extremely impatient and being able to get free 2 day shipping or cheap next day shipping is a must for me to order onlne.

Yea I would do it for the shipping alone! The movies is just a nice bonus.
    CrackBerry.com
    06-26-2013 03:27 PM
    I love Prime. I've also gotten my parents hooked on it via their Kindle Fire. It does suck that not everything is Prime eligible, and that you still have to purchase some content to stream instantly, but sometime the price is worth it. The Office just finished the season (and series) a couple weeks ago and I was already able to purchace it to stream online. HOWEVER, it's *very* choppy for some reason. It stops to buffer every few minutes. I don't have this problem with Netflix.
    How fast is your Internet service?
    --Laura Knotek
    06-27-2013 12:03 AM
    How fast is your Internet service?
    Not very fast, actually. And I've been having some problems with it as well, so that might be a cause for streaming to be choppy.
    06-27-2013 05:43 PM
    Not very fast, actually. And I've been having some problems with it as well, so that might be a cause for streaming to be choppy.
    Amazon.com Help: About Streaming from Your Computer

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/306
    --Laura Knotek
    06-28-2013 01:13 AM
    I got amazon prime by mistake, I wanted the free trial for 30 days for one item then forgot to cancel the subscription.

However loving the one day delivery and I now buy more on amazon then anywhere else.
    07-21-2013 08:56 AM
    No. Seems good.
    12-16-2013 08:40 PM
    I've had Amazon Prime for years. It surely comes in handy! I love it.
    01-17-2014 01:20 PM
    Prime can be shared but no video streaming. That 2 day shipping is nice!
    01-24-2014 01:42 AM
    Are you guys going to extend your prime membership now that they raised the price?
    04-27-2014 07:52 PM
    I just happened to look at their pricing today and thought they used to be cheaper. I was surprised to see it at $99/yr (this is now more expensive than Netflix).

I didn't realize they raised the price. I was going to re-up my membership (cancelled last year), but for me it isn't worth it. I don't gain anything more from their streaming services over all the other sources I already use and I tend to get things delivered pretty quickly anyhow (Chicago area is pretty central). Sad to see them up the pricing.
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

04-27-2014 11:33 PM
    I just happened to look at their pricing today and thought they used to be cheaper. I was surprised to see it at $99/yr (this is now more expensive than Netflix).

I didn't realize they raised the price. I was going to re-up my membership (cancelled last year), but for me it isn't worth it. I don't gain anything more from their streaming services over all the other sources I already use and I tend to get things delivered pretty quickly anyhow (Chicago area is pretty central). Sad to see them up the pricing.
    I'm on the fence, if they still used UPS for the delivery it would be a no brainer but since they switched to USPS shipping is slower. 2 days is now 2 days, with UPS it was often 1 day! The only upside to USPS is they deliver (for Amazon only) on Sundays.
    CrackBerry.com
    05-04-2014 05:24 PM
    I have been an Amazon Prime member for many years now. Honestly I don't mind waiting 2 days for a package and you pay sales tax in state anyways but you can shop and compare all of the offerings, ready some good (and wacky) reviews and ultimately if you don't like it you can return it without the fuss and fanfare that the brick and mortar stores give you. I actually share my Prime membership with my sister and she pays for half of it and loves it as well. She can also log in with my credentials to stream if she wants since that is restricted to the primary member and not the sub members. Worth the money even when it went up in price.
    03-20-2015 09:38 PM
    I got a Prime membership last month. I'm liking the two day shipping and the streaming compliments my Netflix subscription. I've found movies on Prime that Netflix doesn't have.
    --Laura Knotek
    03-21-2015 04:38 PM
    Been a Prime user for years since I order a lot and next day delivery and now movies, auto rip features etc. make it worthwile. Also being able to watch videos is great. But they should split Prime watchable videos and the ones you need to pay for. If you order a lot it's worth it. I love it!
    03-24-2015 05:04 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD