Post what you know.

I know nothing, so I'll post a link:
    Tizen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    webOS Nation Mod - Android User
    - just call me berd
    03-15-2013 03:05 AM
    I don't know much beyond the basics except conjecture.

Tizen might be caught between two opposing forces. Intel would seem to want it running to get more leverage for their chipsets in the mobile marketplace. Samsung would appear to just want it for a fallback if the Google/Motorola alliance creates a situation wherein Moto gets first tier Android releases and all other OEMs are second tier.

Hmm... I was just wondering where the first real release is. Low and behold - from 4 hours ago: Samsung to release high-end Tizen smartphone in August | Mobile - CNET News
    03-15-2013 12:25 PM
    This article has just a bit more substance: Samsung Will Release Tizen-Based Smartphone This Year - Bloomberg

And here is a demo of Tizen from CES 2013.

03-15-2013 01:31 PM
    is an operating system for devices including smartphones, tablets, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) devices, and smart TV.
    Posting a link, that will help you more..
    Tizen OS
    03-25-2013 10:14 AM
    It's open source, and hopefully truly open source, and not "open source when we feel like making it open source" like Android is (sorry android guys, blame Google, not me).
    It's heavily funded, if not owned, by Samsung.
    I believe it's a replacement for meego?
    Other than that, don't know much about it. I read a comparison a few months ago on CNet that Ubuntu OS is a lot prettier lol.
    05-23-2013 02:57 PM
    I'm always excited for a new OS
    06-22-2013 12:40 AM
    All I know about it is that it will supposedly be the latest and greatest from Samsung...their attempt to move away fro Android OS...we'll see how THAT goes
    09-19-2013 01:07 PM
    from that video it looks like there needs to be a lot more to be done. It could be an operating system that for the low end smartphones. It doesn't look like a flagship Operating system like Blackberry 10, iOS, Android or window phone. Of course it is "far from finished"
    09-20-2013 03:44 PM
    I really don't know anything about Tizen other than it's an OS, and being a mobile OS, I want it, I want it now.
    09-20-2013 04:41 PM
    Tizen appears to be Samsung, Intel, and company's response to Android. It's not dead yet despite years of being delayed. From what I've seen it looks like an Android reskin. Still... I'd consider buying a Tizen phone simply on the basis it isn't Google. I doubt we'll see it anytime soon in the US... maybe Asia this year.

UPDATE: It does appear that Tizen finally gets a big reveal in the form of the new Gear 2 smart-watch.
    Last edited by Angry_Mushroom; 02-25-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    01-24-2014 04:09 PM
    What I know about tizen is that it replaced Samsung's previous attempt at their own mobile os called bada. I remember seeing a video preview of bada and it was an ugly laggy mess lol. A while after that I had seen a preview of a tizen phone, you could tell it obviously wasn't an official version but it seemed more stable than the previous video I had seen of bada. The thing I remember the most about tizen was that it looked similar to Android touchwiz. The notification bar ended up looking pretty cool because the notification bar had widgets you could add it and you can swipe it and open up more settings. I will look for the videos & post the links because it was pretty interesting.
    When I first heard of Samsung making their own os I could not imagine it ever coming to anything. Now that Samsung has their smart watches, it makes sense that they'd want to use their own os that is specially made for their smart watches & their phones since they work together. I have heard that Samsung is even going to update the original Samsung gear smart watches with tizen.
    04-27-2014 07:36 PM
    I have been seeing reports of the web apps (HTML5) supposedly the big unifier of cross platform apps and the pie in the sky universal app store. I'm very much interested to see how this pans out going forward. At the same time a lot of folks say web apps are not the big hype since those apps can't integrate with the phone hardware hence a poor user experience. I don't know enough to have a solid opinion yet.
    06-15-2014 01:22 PM
    Tizen has big muscle behind it: https://www.tizenassociation.org/members/
    In addition a long list of very impressive and big name partners here: https://www.tizenassociation.org/tiz...rtner-program/
    Definitely in for the long haul.....
    06-16-2014 06:19 AM
    i'm pretty sure that if the first Samsung models with Tizen OS sell well, samsung will be moving toTizen OS only rather fast and throw android overboard. i'm wondering if they will be able to move on as fast as android does, but i give it a good chance! i got a Samsung Z myself and i'm pretty impressed with the quality of this initial release! i also designed some cool Tizen Wallpapers for my device, for the fans, feel free to collect them!
    07-21-2014 09:37 AM
    It seems like the Linux world continues to be fragmented. The desktop Linux world is fragmented and the smartphone Linux world is fragmented what with Amazon, Firefox, Ubuntu, Tizen, etc trying to carve out their own niches.. It's interesting to see that Samsung is looking to abandon Android/Google and run in it's own direction.
    08-02-2014 11:03 PM
    Lately I hear rumblings of Samsung postponing the release of their Tizen handset indefinitely. Reasons given are the ecosystem, lack of apps and 101 other excuses. If the platform is indeed dumped, it will be a very sad day. Let us hope that its not the case.
    08-03-2014 01:05 AM
    LOLz... They (Samsung) have been counting on OpenMobileWorldWide to create an ACL or Android Compatibility Layer to enable Tizen to run Android Apps.

Unfortunately for Uncle Sammy, OpenMobileWorldWide is one of the biggest smoke and mirrors Vaporware vendors I've ever seen. Want to know more about them, check out old MeeGo forums or go visit webOS Nation. They TALK LIKE THIS and deliver like this.
    Lumia 1520.3 & Lumia 2520 Tablet - Superbly Matched.

Windows Central Ambassador Team Leader

Mobile Nations Devotee
    08-03-2014 11:56 AM
    Tizen could end up being a nice offering from Samsung, but offering Yet Another OS onto the market to compete is rather tough. Android, iOS are the two big players and with the newer OEM's from China cranky out cheaper and at times low end specs compared to Samsung it will be interesting to see. But there will always be concerns about backdoors into the Chinese phones (scare tactics or reality) given China's rules about technology now.

It will be an interesting 2015/2016 as the Chinese OEM's look to the US for a foothold.
    03-20-2015 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD